Like every old year that goes by, we’ve all ‘rung-in’ yet another New Year — 2017. And, like every New Year, most of us would also, doubtless, ‘elect’ to make great lifestyle, and other, changes. But, how well do we all know that they may all ‘tumble down’ by the time we are through the celebrations.
Okay, okay, don’t you cringe. Here are 20 pointers you’d use to keep your promises through the New Year, and beyond. Why twenty, you may well ask. Simple. It makes for ‘twenty-twenty’ vision, even if you’d not like one bit of it.
1. The best thing to do is to think of the New Year — differently. Something unlike 2015, which was as good or as bad as any. It’s quite easy. Because, there are several great, novel ways to doing it. Think of a metaphor: “The grass is greener on the other side of the landfill, not hill.” Or, “I’m going to have a great year, and end up trumps over my fellow associates, and a distant boss.” Or, “I’m going to be a slot higher in my wife’s esteem than the year that’s gone by,” or vice versa, and so on.
2. Take a look at an earlier situation in a new way. Look beyond the box. Better still — have no box at all, than being outside it. This would help you to improve your belief, ingenuity, and routine, or whatever you are trying to ‘hone.’ Great idea, isn’t it? Because, the world is shaped on our personal experience and outlook? Changing [y]our attitude can change [y]our world. However, remember — as Mahatma Gandhi observed — that you need to be the change, to bring the change you want.
3. Transform the ‘colour’ of your bedroom, or the paint of your car, bifocals/progressive glasses/contact lens, or whatever — and, see the world in a different new glow [maybe, with a fresh ‘tint’ lamp, in place].
4.Don’t you feel overawed — try something new, even if you fail. It will bring purpose to your life — to try the idea again.
5. Take a fresh gaze at your ethics, because it is what that upsets you the most when everything else looks pleasant.
6. Use your cell phone sparingly, because it is cheap; and, also because ‘delivery’ exceeds ‘requirement.’
7. Think more foolishly than you did last year, because it got you into your present ‘clutter.’ And, also because it can easily get you out of it a la Laurel and Hardy.
8. Propose by all means, if you are not married. If married, avoid the divorce-trap — even if you don’t want to.
9. Walk on the right and the wrong alley, simultaneously, because if you are on the correct path, you’ll breathe more and more pollutants in the air.
10. Celebrities, and each one of us, have one thing in common. Difficulty. So, change ‘guard’ regularly; the latter without the benefit of a ‘fan-club.’
11. Be positive. Stick to it, even if you can’t. You know that you have the best possible mindset.
12. You cannot avoid stress, acidity, terrorist attacks, levy, and also demonetisation; however, taxes don’t get healthier every year.
13. Make sure that everyone you know considers your idea. Tell them that the ‘tenet’ isn’t entirely yours; you culled it from the Upanishads.
14. Battle for your honour and values. Because, you cannot live with[out] them.
15. Don’t go beyond ‘nowhere,’ because it’s the most demanding and exciting trail.
16. Shop by all means — find out the freebies that come ‘handy’ with the worst possible bathing soap you don’t use.
17. If anger, or hatred, ain’t broke, ‘bond’ it till it goes kaput.
18. Tell your ‘competition’ that their ego is as good as yours, not any better.
19. Existence is a lengthy tussle. It is full of frustrations and challenges, but you know the best DIY kit money cannot buy. You.
20.Life is neither a feast, nor a spectacle. It begins to divulge… as you ‘mellow.’
Now, to use a cliché — a must, for anyone, who wishes to have a Great New Year.
Smile — and, the world will smile with you… not at you.